I have completely stolen this blog entry so that you may read how fucking amazing it is. I think we've all be there. You can check out her blog here.
Heres a list of Rude Ass Behavior that we all hate
1. spitting. unless you are choking to death or have accidentally ingested a foreign object, there is no excuse for spitting anywhere other than a locked bathroom. you are gross and uncivilized.
2. rageaholics. we all get pissed. this is especially true at work. but it is super lame to make everyone around you tense and uncomfortable because you can't control your crazy-ass hockey temper. if this is happening more than once a week, you need some sort of therapy or at least a damn yoga class. chill, brah.
3. hypochondriacs/the chronically "ill". ever notice how those two usually go hand-in-hand? stop bitching to me about your constant headaches and go see a fucking doctor already! it's probably not a tumor but after two weeks of your incessant hemming and hawing, i will start to wish it was. the stress you cause other people could very well manifest itself as a deadly illness so by that logic, you are a murderer. shut the fuck up already and go to a doctor so he can tell you you're not dying before your stupidity kills someone else.
4. the food critic. please keep your comments to yourself when you rob me of precious seconds of my lunch time to ask what i'm eating, only to go "EWWW" or "oh gross i HATE ___". you know what? i didn't fucking ask you for your dumbass opinion and now, not only am i insulted, but you have just let everyone within earshot know that you were raised wrong as hell and your parents probably gave up on their responsibility to bring a well-mannered adult into society before you made it to jr. high.
5. the editor. i will confess i was a repeat offender of this behavior and i have since rectified that shit. i do not have an english major and i got NO business running around correcting people's spelling and grammar. as you can see, i take great liberties myself (my rule: if you learn the rules, you can learn to break them). if you don't know the difference between there/their/they're and your/you're, you probably don't give a shit, don't appreciate me calling you out for not paying attention in junior year english comp, and my snooty comments are not going to prevent future errors. in fact, you probably kick loads of ass at math and/or science but i didn't notice because i was too busy vomitting over a misplaced apostrophe. this will never cease to irk me but being a rude-ass grammar nazi and goose-stomping all over your dicked-up sentences is a greater crime.
6. the joker. when you announce to everyone that you laughed so hard during a sad part in a movie where everyone else was blubbering, it just shows that you're an asshole that will disagree with everyone else for the sake of, well, DISAGREEING WITH EVERYONE ELSE. more than likely, you are also...
7. the most interesting person that has ever lived. don't even bother telling that story about how you saw some dude go nuts at this post office this afternoon if TMIPTHEL is around. he/she will cut you off to tell everyone how that's nothing compared to the harrowing bank robbery they lived through! did you see a barracuda when you went snorkling last weekend in the keys? well he fought a fucking great white with his bare hands. and won. you can't win. the only reason to keep inviting these fools anywhere is so later on you guys can laugh at all the outrageous bullshit they had to sputter out to convince everyone that they are still interesting.
I awoke this morning at 7 am to go pick up Jill (Jon's sister) at the airport this morning. Shes back home now for a month before she goes back up to New York for school. Half asleep- laughing the whole car ride- ate at cracker barrel (holyshitdelicious) made it home 15 min before I had to go to work. Power Nap! Then off to work.
I drew up some super cool shit today at work but I miss hanging out with them so bad! Eating- patrolling the streets of Miami... its all like the good ol' days. The days before responsibility- the days before all the trouble at home- the anxiety- the stress...
I cant wait to hang out tonight. I know Im going to be so fucking tired but I want to push myself to stay awake having fun as much as I can, until i collapse.
What a deal! I purchased this dinnerware set from Dollar Tree online! Only $24 for 24 items... yup- $1 each! I picked them up today and they are simply gorgeous! They are a matte stoneware and are the perfect shade of blue to match my other items for the new apartment. The whole set comes with 8 plates, 8 bowls and 8 cups (mugs rather). So fucking cute.
I have them in my car right now in the big ol' dusty box they come in....... I feel the urge to constantly go outside and stare at them. It reminds me of when I was little and my mother would buy me all new back to school stuff and it made me just so happy! I would admire all the new folders and pencils from afar and couldnt wait to use them!
You can take kid out of the country but you can't take the country out of the kid... or is your theme "you can take the kid out of the city, but you can't take the city out of the kid?" Either way you play it, you are one of the unique individuals who loves a mix of modern and country. The clean lines of the modern softened by rustic /vintage elements is the perfect mix in your mind. And can we blame you? You've taken the best aspects of two popular designs and mixed them in a manner that appeals young and old alike. A subtle background of white or light colors provides a nice canvas for all the wonderful flea market, eBay or garage sale finds as well as the classic modern pieces that you love.
The material palette for urban country runs the gamut because of the two extremes being mixed. On the countryside you see a lot of wood, woven rope, canvas and linen, rustic metals and wrought iron, cowhide and vintage leather. On the more modern side, you see acrylic, satin and polished nickel and chrome, glass, faux fur, refined leather, fiberglass and sleek woods. It's the mixing of these elements that makes the style work so well. Seagrass and other natural woven materials are often used for floor coverings. Concrete and natural wood floors are very popular, and work really well together.
When it comes to color, think light, casual and airy. White, pale gray or beige, khaki and sage; all of these colors make nice, subtle backdrops for Urban Country style. Think of the colors of natural linen, concrete, and if you'd like to go dark, use the dark brownish-black of iron or the deep burnt orange of rust. The key is to keep the spaces feeling open (go modern!) and yet warm (yay for rustic!), and by going light on the walls and major pieces and more color on the accents and accessories you can achieve this mix really well.
umm... YES! I will definitely use this website to my advantage for the new apartment.
Oh yea, almost forgot to tell you... This morning.. Jon and I set up a joint checking account. Responsible? Nah....
Nasturtiums are supposed to be very easy to grow- but I have tried and tried and now have finally had two of them started! Maybe its that damn Miami weather again. The picture to my left here is of one of them finally growing strawberry colander. To the left of that- a thyme cutting that is doing very well! To the right- a couple of sunflower seeds, just thrown i there for kicks: Must transplant.
----IN CEE CEE NEWS---- The vet just called and said that when he opened her up, both glands "looked" normal and so he didnt want to remove either. In most cases, he says, the cancerous gland will be enlarged and the other gland (from not being in use) will atrophy and so appear smaller. Thats how vets know which one to remove. Cee Cee's glands we both the same size. He went perusing the other organs and such and found an abnormal tissue growth, and so removed that and sent it out to a lab to see just what the hell it is... Great.
I mean, Im happy shes not dead or having complications- but shit. Im paying $880.02 just to remove a small piece of tissue that could be nothing at all? The glands are still there and so if the problem is her glands.. Im sure this will mean another surgery in the future. Fuck me. Im nervous to even see her in such a shaved, stiched up, painful state. My mother is picking her up tomorrow after work and she will be living in my sisters room for the time being. Poor thing.
Through all of this shit, I had a couple of happy moments this morning in the garden..
Check out how big my stevia plant is! Had something munching on its lower leaves so I transplanted it to this lovely planter I recently purchased. :)
Welcome to the ferret party. Last night I decided to fill the tub up a bit with some warm water and some ferret shampoo (for the bubbles and whatnot) and let them have a bit of fun. It was a great time had by all. More pictures of said event are available on my myspace page.
Cant seem to shake the dread and uncertainty of Cee Cee's upcoming surgery on Thursday. But some good news at work today gave me something to look forward too. Looks like moving out will most likely be happening in September.
Tonight ladies and gentlmen, I am making Nigella's delicious vietnamese shrimp and glass noodle salad! I saw this recipe on youtube and fell in love (with the idea of it anyway) and Im really happy to try it out tonight for dinner. For the last 3 nights I have eaten a lot of fried food and a lot of beer. Instead of making me feel yummy- I feel crummy. (ya like that?! it rhymes) Ive been terribly fatigued lately and have been having headaches almost every minute of everyday. I think its a stress/bad eating/birth control pill combo. Triple threat!
Also: some... THING ate absolutely ALL of my carrot seedlings! ALL OF THE CARROT TOPS. This actually hurts my heart... :( Ive been so excited for them, and now theyre all gone. I planted s'more but Im scared they will have the same fate.
Note to self: Once every couple of weeks, I shall purchase fresh, delicious, organic (for the most part) items of nutrition (fruits and veg) from Norman Bros. Produce. I will make an effort. Try new things. Make everyday food exciting! ... All when I live on my own, that is. :P
Last night I found myself purchasing some goods for dinner at the local grocery store and since I was having such a fried fatty dinner I thought to myself- maybe they have some small frozen pie shells that I can throw together with some berries and make dinner a huge debauchery. I head on over to the frozen berry + pie area and as I'm skimming through the frozen blueberries, peaches, and strawberries... my eyes fall upon the illusive RHUBARB. Holy shit.
Embarrassing note: I literally gasped when I saw the damn thing. I wonder if anyone saw me? And if they did.. I wonder if they thought I was crazy for getting so damn excited over a frozen veg.
So I bought it. Yea I bought it. Delicious, illusive, beautiful, frozen, cold RHUBAARRBBB! :D I gotta tell you, every Jamie Oliver clip flashed before my very eyes. The "Rhubarb" chapter of my 'Jamie at home' book shall be used! USED AND ABUSED! I will bring delectable rhubarb to all the cubans down here in Miami who dont even know what the stuff is.
Damn.. after all of this.. I really hope I like the taste of it. O_O
So I think to start off, Im going to try this recipe. I choose this over the classic Jamie Oliver one because it uses a crumble topping instead of the traditional pie crust top. Its just easier to make and less headache for clean up at Jon's house.
Do you have any Rhubarb recipes you'd like to share? Please let me know.... Im feeling adventurous.